- Preparation is the key - allow yourself plenty of time to develop and submit your entry. Make a note of the deadline of January 18th and plan in time to deliver it on time
- Make sure that you answer all the criteria that is asked for in your category. Use it as a checklist and tick it off to ensure that you have covered everything the judges want to know
- Don't include subjective comments "I am a good nurse" or "patients say I am a good nurse". Make them objective. "People say I am a good nurse because I got 96% in evaluation scores conducted during this year"or "I got this grade or mark in this particular essay or exam"
- We are going to receive lots of applications from talented nurses - spell out what makes you different
- Make the judges' job easy and they will love you for it. Write in clear, plain English and avoid jargon and acronyms
- Make sure you submit all the pieces of information and testimonials asked for in your entry. It will be different for each category, so double check each one you enter
- Tell us about your achievements - if you've got high patient or student satisfaction scores, tell us. Provide the evidence to back up your entry
- Remember the judges have not met you and have to make their initial decisions based on what you provide, so give them as much information and as full a picture as you can at this stage
- Before you submit your entry, double check that you have included everything that has been asked for. If you get stuck, then call the events team on 0203 033 2660
Problems when Entering
How can I view the questions before entering?
If you register your details on the site an account will be created for you; you will then be able to view the questions for entry. There is only one page of questions so you do not need to proceed through multiple pages. There is no obligation to enter after registering.
How do I log back in to work on my un-submitted entry?
Please go to "My Awards". Once you enter your email address and password this will take you through to the next page with your saved entries on.
I have tried to log back in through my awards and it is not recognising me
It maybe that you have registered but not saved an actual category. Please log in through the enter now button, put in your email address and press proceed. Enter your password and it will then take you through to your filled in registration page. Press proceed and select a category. Ensure you save every 30mins when filling in your entry.
I have tried to log back in and my entry has disappeared
When saving your entry to return to later please ensure that you click "Save". If you have not clicked save you will need to log on through the "Enter Now" button.
I have tried to submit my entry but the "Proceed" button will not work
Your entry may have timed out. We would recommend that you save every 30 minutes while going through the entry process. Alternatively write out your answers in a word document and then copy and paste your answers in to the correct question space. If you are leaving the page for any length of time please ensure that you click "Save".
How do I enter more than one category?
Please click on "My Awards". Once you enter your email address and password this will take you through to the next page with any saved entries on. Click "Add New", this will then give you the full list of categories that you can click on and enter.
I am still having trouble entering
Please contact Francesca Verdusco on 0203 033 2660 or email Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of luck with your entry!